The need for blood is higher than ever across the state and country. Help save a life today as Silvercreek Realty Group joins in connection with American Red Cross, presenting CODE RED in our effort to gather blood donations across Idaho. Join us on September 17th for our blood drive and learn more about ways to get involved by reading below!
How can you donate?
From August 1st until September 17th, Silvercreek Realty Group is encouraging our agents and members of the community to donate blood. The effort will culminate with a blood drive at the Silvercreek Meridian office on September 17th. The brokerage is donating $10 to the Red Cross for every person who gives blood under the CODE RED campaign and reports back to Silvercreek Realty Group! This can be an individual donation or through our organized blood drive.
Sign up for a timeslot at Silvercreek Meridian office HERE!
The Need For Blood
Between COVID-19, cancer diagnosis, car accidents, and medical procedures starting up again, there is a need for blood now more than ever. In a single car accident, a victim may need up to 100 pints of blood (Red Cross). In one donation, about a pint is given from the donor and up to three lives can be saved. With small steps, we can make a large impact.
The Local Impact
Specifically in Idaho and the Boise area, there is a large increase in demand for platelet donations or blood that is given to patients with cancer during chemotherapy. Due to platelet’s short life span, there is typically a shortage in hospitals. By donating blood today, you can help a patient prevent life-threatening bleeding that can lead to a stroke, or lessen symptoms like shortness of breath or headaches (Lasky). Sign up for a blood drive near you HERE!
Source: Upcoming Red Cross Blood Drives In Boise Area | Boise, ID Patch
The following information is from American Red Cross.
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S needs blood and or platelets.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- One donation can save up to three lives.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U. S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.
- Type O negative red cells can be given to patients of all blood types. Because only 7% of people in the U.S. are type O negative, it’s always in great demand and often in short supply.
- Type AB plasma can be transfused to patients of all blood types. Since only 4% of people in the U.S. have type AB blood, this plasma is usually in short supply.
- Each year 4.5 million lives are saved by blood transfusions.
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured; they can only come from volunteer donors.
Contact & Links
Visit our social media and website for updates!
Instagram: @silvercreekrealtygroup & @silvercreek.insider
Facebook: Silvercreek Realty Group
Point of contact: Kristin Cole, email@example.com, 208.371.8848
- Silvercreek Meridian sign up: Schedule Your Blood Donation With The Red Cross (redcrossblood.org)
General Red Cross sign up: Schedule Your Blood Donation With The Red Cross (redcrossblood.org)