“We realize our vision of ending homelessness for families by inspiring stable housing, financial independence, and resilience.”
Founded in 2006, CATCH is a leader and innovator in housing our most vulnerable neighbors in Idaho’s Treasure Valley. They collaborate with community partners and use proven, intentional methods like Housing First (learn more about Housing First here), because every family and every person deserves a home.
- Stable Housing: Getting families into a home rapidly provides the best chance to build a stable and sustainable life. Working with local property managers and landlords, CATCH will rapidly house families living tonight in emergency shelter on the streets. There is no such thing as a temporary solution; therefore, the family signs a lease in their name. The house is permanent. It is their home. We sponsor the application fee, security deposit, and rent for as long as the family is in the program.
- Financial Independence: Once the key turns into their new home, the case managers at CATCH get to work! Through intensive financial literacy and the CATCH Match Savings Program, families increase their annual income on average by over $6,000 and their savings by $1,000, making sustainable their new home.
- Resilience: We recognize that the family and the children have experienced trauma in their journey, we want to co-create a new story based on their strengths that have served them to this moment.
Commitment to Collaboration
CATCH believes in Collective Impact, where people and organizations intentionally and meaningfully collaborate to implement a communitywide system of care. Learn more about “Our Path Home”, a partnership operated by CATCH in Ada County, that brings together housing and service providers and governments to stand above any one program’s brand in achieving a community where everyone is stably housed.
Our Path Home: https://www.ourpathhome.org/
The CATCH Way – Values their committed to:
- People First: Take the time to co-create a relationship of honesty and empathy
- Strength-based: Empower others by recognizing their unique abilities and honoring their journey
- Be Willing to Lead and Embrace Change
- Continuously Learn and Live that Learning
- Be Intentionally Collaborative in Every Room
- Own Your Oops
- Create an Environment of Lightness and Laughter
- The proof is in the pudding and we’ll show you the recipe. Be a reliable, transparent, and outcomes-driven organization.
- Build Resilience: Help find hope and inspire toughness through the difficulties
- Take care of yourself to take care of others
How to help? Donate your time!
Has CATCH inspired you to want to roll up your sleeves and serve? There are five different ways to get involved:
Volunteer Culture Builder: these volunteers meet with the Office Administrator monthly to help cultivate an incredible culture while encouraging staff retention and exceeding clients expectations.
Volunteer Drive Coordinator: these volunteers help keep the warehouse stocked with household items that clients will need when they leave the shelter, car they have been staying in and access housing again.
Volunteer Homelessness Awareness Host: Sponsor an EVENT for CATCH! This could be a great networking opportunity as well as getting involved with a great cause!
Volunteer Mover: these volunteers provide support to clients if they need assistance getting needed items from the warehouse to their new home.
Volunteer Receptionist: these volunteers are the first point of contact for the office visitors and phone calls.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 208-246-8830
Are you a property owner who would like to help end homelessness, but you haven’t known how? Or, do you have some concerns that you would like to talk through? If so, CATCH would LOVE to talk with you!
Donate to CATCH Idaho: https://catch.donorwrangler.com/donate/?id=1